Onboarding - Rules
This guide is to walk you through how you can setup Rules in order to enrich the Records sent to Destination Payloads.
This allows you to create rules to a standard attribute mapping.
Some common rules include:
- Defining a different Source attribute to the default i.e. A custom attribute is used for the title to a certain Marketplace and you do not want to use the standard title mapping.
- Enrich attribute values i.e. Build a new title that includes both the title and brand from the Source channel.
- Add stock buffers - This could be a fixed number, a percentage of stock and can even change between Marketplace channels.
- Change pricing per Marketplace channels i.e. To factor in freight, fees or currency conversions.
- Publishing Rules - Defining conditions on what products you want to publish to certain Marketplace channels i.e. By brand, by SKU, by keyword.
- Search and replace - If you need to change a keyword to another keyword.
Should this user get all functions or just the merchant view functions?
This feature allows you to map to a specific destination attribute.
Our recommendation is to review the documentation from the Destination channel you are wanting to create a rule for, to gain further information on what attributes are available, a description of the attribute and if it is required or not.
Some examples of Destination Attribute rules might include:
- Country of Origin.
- Delivery Time.
- Shipping Cost per product or custom shipping schemas.
- Dimension units and values.
- Vendor Codes.
Also to review a destination payload in the portal to see what attributes are mapped by default and what may need to be added by rules.
<Video Guide on how>
Once you have an understanding of the rules required to be setup, follow the below steps:
- Go to Products from the left navigation.
- Click into any product.
- Under Destinations click on the date under Channel Request
- Here you will see all the attributes and values we are going to send to the channel.
- This will allow you to compare against the channel documentation, to see if any required information is missing.
Now you have an idea of the attributes we are sending to the Destination channel, follow the steps below to set up Destination Rules:
- Under Rules go to the Destination Attributes sub-tab.
- Select the Source and Destination sync you want to create rules for and click Add Attribute.
- Here you have the option to select an attribute from the dropdown list or define the attribute yourself - Click here for details on how.
- Some common destination rules may include:
- Mapping attributes i.e Default country of origin, unit of measure, dispatch country, shipping cost.
- Non default mapping i.e. Custom attribute used for title, description, price.
- Add a non-mapping attribute to the Destination payload.