Onboarding - Product Mapping
This guide will walk you through the steps to complete a Product Mapping, which is required to sync Products to Marketplaces.
Category mapping - Bulk Export
- Go to Mappings from the left navigation.
- Under the Integrations dropdown, select the integration you want to map categories for.
- Click Export and wait for the export to be available for download.
- Open in excel.
- sourceValue - Unique list of categories from the source eCommerce system.
- groupId - This needs to be the value from the Categories tab - Column A.
- Add another column to the Mappings tab - Category Name
- Select the column and go to Data and Data Validation
- Select Allow -> List and under Source click the button.
- Go to the Categories tab and click on column B to select all category options.
- Click the button again and OK.
- In Column C2 copy this formula into =VLOOKUP(D2,Categories!A:B,2,FALSE)
- Drag this formula to all cells.
- Map all Source Categories to a marketplace category.
IMPORTANT - Before saving ensure you highlight column C - Copy the column and right click, Paste Values
- Go to CMM and import against the relevant channel.
- IMPORTANT - Please ensure you have Pasted the GroupIDs in the previous step before importing.
Category attributes - Summary
Outcome of this is to have a view on attributes required for publishing products and if any additional enrichment is required in the Source product system.
- Go to taxonomy
- Click on marketplace taxonomy.
- Go to attributes on left navigation.
- Copy all groupID and bulk filter on categoryID
- Export all attributes.
- This will export attributes + values.
- Open the spreadsheet in excel.
- Go to Data and remove duplicates
- Unselect All and tick Category ID and Attribute ID.
- This will leave you with unique attributes across the categories mapped, with an example value.The Mandatory column will show if the attribute is required (TRUE) or optional (FALSE).
- Review all attributes to see if:
- You have attributes in your source product system already for mapping.
- Need / want to add custom attributes in your source product system to map and enrich your product listing.
- At the very least, ensure you are able to map the required attributes.
Category attributes - Enrichment
- If there are attributes that you want / do not have a custom attribute for, create this in your source product system and add values before mapping.
Category Attributes - Mapping
- Go into Mapping from the left navigation.
- Select the Category Attributes sub-tab.
- Select the Marketplace attribute you want to map from the dropdown.
- Select the appropriate source attribute from the dropdown and click Map.
- This will provide you a list of unique Source Values to map to the most appropriate Marketplace value.
- If the value is the same across all products then there is a drop down to provide a default value.