The CrescoData Management Portal serves as a central source where product, order, customer and publishing destination responses are consolidated and reported.
All information reported is extracted from CresoData’s reporting database, and is updated on a real-time frequency.
SKUs (Stock Keeping Unit) - the unique number that customers use to keep track of their products.
- Received: Total number of products that CrescoData is getting from the Source Integration. This reflects the number of products listed in the source integration (s).
- Listed: Total number products that CrescoData has successfully published to the Publishing Destination(s). This reflects the number of active products in the destination channel(s).
- SKU’s Incomplete: Total number of products that failed to be listed in the Publishing Destination (s). This reflects the number of products with errors/missing information.
- GMV: Total Gross Merchandise Volume - Sale price charged to the customer multiplied by the number of item sold
- Processed: Consolidated number of unique orders across all publishing destinations
- Active Services: Total number of active services (products, price, orders, stock etc). One merchant can therefore have multiple services.
- Merchants: Total number of connected Merchants by Customer
- Customers: Platform or direct partner that has the following relationship with CrescoData: the contract, the billing relationship and system integration Note that in most cases, the user will be the only customer (e.g.) aCommerce = 1 customer.
- Integrations: Total number of Publishing Destinations connected to the Customer via CrescoData Commerce-in-the-Cloud Suite. Note that each marketplace country is considered as one channel (e.g.) Lazada SG, Lazada TH = 2 channels.
 When connected via API. Exception when with dependency on external API factors (e.g) when publishing channel api is down
 or example, if a company sells 10 books at $100, the GMV is $1,000. This is also considered as "gross revenue”