On-Boarding & Project Management Process
To on-board your Platform, CrescoData follows the following On-Boarding Process:
- Prior to starting work on the project, CrescoData conducts a detailed discovery session to discuss and agree on the requirements: what systems will be integrated, how the platforms will connect, the required workflows, agreement on data flows, rules, architecture and integration points, what’s needed from the Customer’s side, detailed UAT test cases, project timelines and agrees on the project These are captured in a Requirements Document (smaller non-complex projects will be detailed in The Statement of Work)
- This is a chargeable piece of work and does not commit the customer to work with CrescoData for the integration piece.
- A high level quote can be provided at this stage.
Statement of Work
- Once the requirements have been agreed the final quote is confirmed. The set up is detailed in a Statement of Work which includes the customers commitments, the agreed timeframe. and agreed UAT test cases. This is shared for both parties to sign.
Before integration work can commence the Customer is required to:
- Provide a key point of contact both technical and business.
- Commit to providing the resources within the timeframe.
- Provide all required log-ins,
- Provide access to staging accounts (if this is not possible find a test merchant that can be used during the UAT process.
- Delays - testing - grace period
- Report - test cases
Project Management Process
- The delivery requirements will be added into a project plan which is shared with the Customer
- A Slack channel is set up for instant communication
- Weekly project management meetings will take place
- Actions are recorded in the project plan
- The Service set up and connection is then tested in a Staging Environment by CrescoData according to the predefined test cases in the Statement of Work.
- Once the Service has passed functional testing by CrescoData the Service is considered at point of Activation.
Activation + Warranty Period
- The Service is then is handed over to The Customer who has 14 days to conduct UAT in the Staging Environment.
- Testing results are aggregated and fed back to CrescoData, reviewed and if necessary changes or amendments are made.
- Once UAT has passed, The Customer will confirm to the Crescodata Delivery Team on when to release it into production. At that point, the production release will be sent out to all stakeholders by Crescodata.
- The service is then handed over to Crescodata Technical Support team.
Customer On-Boarding Requirements
There are a number of compliance and data considerations when connecting to the CrescoData Commerce Connect Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
Service sign up and
Merchant Sign up
- You will need to provide your merchants with a way to sign up for the service,
- Options include: via API, via The CrescoData Management Portal, via a Branded Portal.
Channel account details
- Merchants will need to provide their channel log-ins. Some channel connections may required Oauth log-in details
- Integration instructions for channels can be found here
Product Catalogue Information
The merchant must have ready the basic information needed to list a product on a marketplace. This includes image, name, description, price and stock. The richer the information the merchant provides, the better the product listing.
For full details please refer to The CrescoData Product Catalogue template
Product allocation, price and promotions
This can be done on your Customer Platform or set up via a Google Sheet. Please discuss the best approach as part of the on-boarding process.
There are a number of contract inclusions that will need to added to your customer contracts. Please contact your Account Manager at email@example.com should you have any questions.
How involved does your team need to be?
On-boarding on on-going use of CrescoData’s Platform-as-a-Service will require input from your team in the following areas:
On-boarding and the ongoing use of CrescoData’s Platform-as-a-Service will require input from your team in the following areas:
- Project Manager / Key Stakeholder: A key contact for the overall project on-boarding process.
- Technical input: Requirements gathering, Architecture and integration sign ofProviding API or Source Data details
- Conducting UAT
- Providing detailed feedback during the Warranty period
- Product / Support Manager : A key point of contact for CrescoData - Once the Service is Activated, The CrescoData team will train your team on how to use The CrescoData Management Portal and utilise support tools.