Integrations: Channels and Source integrations
Integrations are used to inform the CrescoData platform how channels and source systems connect to an account and how data should be distributed between each.
A standard workflow to setting up an account with product sync would be:
- Create a merchant
- Add a source system to retrieve products from
- Add a channel to send products to
- Add the same channel as a status and response source to retrieve real-time alerts and monitoring
- Add the source system (or any other system) as a destination for status and responses messages
In principle, it is also possible to add source destinations and use the CrescoData API to periodically check for updates rather than having the CrescoData platform send those updates in real-time to any subscribed system.
When adding integrations to an account, meta information has to be provided which differs for each channel. Depending on the authentication method and details needed for that particular integration, meta information might include a username, password, api key, CrescoData OAUTH identifier and any other information needed to retrieve information for a particular account such as an account id.
When integrations are added to an account, the CrescoData platform will automatically attempt a test connection to valid the meta information is correct and the system can be connected to. Any failure to do so will mean the integration does not get added and the error message is returned immediately.
Some source systems and channels follow an OAUTH authentication flow.
CrescoData can work in two fashions with those integrations:
- Becomes the host of the redirect URI
- Redirect back into an integration partners redirect URI
For partners that wish to host their own redirect URI, CrescoData will do the necessary account setup steps.
For self-hosted or CrescoData hosted redirect URIs, once a channel has been added, the CrescoData API will return an authorisation URL that the end-user will need to be directed to. This page will:
- Open the channel specific authentication page (which might include a login first)
- After successful authorisation, will redirect the user to CrescoData for us to record that the integration is now live
- Optionally redirect the user on towards the integration partner redirect URI at which point any further steps can be taken