Improve productivity, sales and efficiency with eBay
Attendees came from a variety of backgrounds – start-ups, established eCommerce companies, agencies, marketing and IT amongst others. The focus of the seminar was to help companies identifying ways in which to improve productivity, efficiency and sales in the months and years ahead. eBay demonstrated how using online market platforms – such as eBay and eBay Global – can help companies in Singapore reach both a local and global audience:
- Maximising revenues and sales through an elevated marketing platform.
- On-line sales in Singapore have gone from $1.1 billion USD in 2010 to $4.4 billion USD in 2015 with no sign of stopping.
- Globally, the figures are expected to top $2.3 trillion USD. Using an on-line market-place can help companies to tap into this marketplace with relatively ease.
Tips were also given on what items retailed best and where and how to deal with associated operational logistics. The Singapore Productivity Centre focussed on the importance for all Singapore companies to make their outfits more productive.
- With increasing rents and labour charges, the best way for companies to succeed is to look at their processes and increase efficiency.
- One option being pushed by the Singapore Government is to automate processes and for companies to begin retailing on-line.
- There was also information about Government assisted grants that help Singapore based companies to set-up an on-line presence and to begin marketing internally and globally.
Cresco Data spoke about the importance of product data feeds. Automating your product feeds allows you to:
- Upload products in real time to multiple marketing channels such as eBay, Rakuten, Lazada, Qoo10 and Zalora.
- Upload your entire product catalogs for retail rather than your top 10 products
- Saves you time – you don’t need to spend hours in optimising your data for each destination. This is done for you in the automating process
- Saves money – you don’t need an IT department or marketing team to do this for you.
- Frees up time and money for generating more business.
- Increases sales and profits
Special thanks to our guest speakers:
Yong Sheng & Terri from eBay Global (Singapore)
Calvert Lye from the Singapore Productivity Centre
Our own special helpers on the day – the Cresco Data team of Ankit, Sean and Yee Fei